The holiday season ushers in a wealth of charitable opportunities, and we here at ElderPoint Ministries have plenty for you and your groups/organizations to take advantage of.
ElderPoint seeks volunteers for the following dates:
Monday, Nov. 18
• Help needed in the food pantry, located in St. David’s Episcopal Church, 145 E. Edgewood Drive from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Special items will be distributed. A record number of seniors are expected to visit.
Tuesday, Nov. 19
• Help needed in the food pantry from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Special items will be distributed.
• Volunteers needed to pack baskets with Thanksgiving food items, such as fresh rotisserie chicken and produce. The goal is to pack 350 baskets for immobile seniors.
Wednesday, Nov. 20
• Volunteers needed from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to serve and distribute food donations at a special Thanksgiving luncheon in Mulberry. The luncheon will take place at 1525 N. Church Ave. at the facility of White Water Management, Inc.
Thursday, Nov. 21
• Volunteers needed to help at the food pantry and deliver food to households from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Volunteers needed to deliver the special Thanksgiving baskets to Lakeland Presbyterian Apartments. Door to door distribution runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 22
• Help needed from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the last day of holiday distribution at the food pantry.
In addition to the services mentioned, ElderPoint supplies a range of programs to seniors in need. These include transportation services, housing aid and establishing friendships between seniors and the volunteers.
Call (863) 682-7249 with any questions or volunteer.